IPVanish is an astounding VPN service that caters to the privacy and security needs of an individual. It started in 2012 with only 32 servers and has since grown into a top-tier provider. Today the vendor has over 2000 VPN servers located in 51 countries with 40000 anonymous IP addresses. However, it didn’t achieve all this in a single day. Due to a stringent no-logs policy and a fast VPN connection, the service gradually penetrated the VPN market. IPVanish also enables auto-renewal of payment plans for their customers they can voluntarily cancel.
That’s because, although there are generally positives about the service, some users nonetheless do not prefer them. Hence, they would want to cancel and back out after giving it a try. For those who want to give other VPNs a try, we have prepared the article on how to cancel IPVanish auto-renewal. Although it is not a straight-up cancellation, it can provide users with a buffer period to sort out their priorities. Keep scrolling to learn more.
Description — We do not sponsor nor are sponsored by any provider and recommend the use of VPN for the privacy and security of individuals only. IPVanish is a VPN service we have previously covered. Hence, interested users can give our detailed IPVanish review a look for further understanding.
What is IPVanish auto-renewal?
IPVanish subscriptions adhere to auto-renewal. The provider claims it for the sake of user convenience. iT, like any other VPN service, offers a multitude of subscriptions for users to choose from. Once the user pays and activates the plan, the auto-renewal comes into effect to ensure uninterrupted service. Another point to heed is that, whenever you use a credit or debit card to pay for the subscription, it will initiate auto-renewal. Hence, no matter if you sign up for the first time or renew your account manually, you will be charged on the next billing cycle unless you cancel.
Typically, it is easy to cancel the auto-renewal. But if you are on a monthly subscription or the first month of an annual subscription, you’d require external support from customer care. Otherwise, manually canceling would terminate the subscription in whole at that moment and initiate a refund. Hence, unless you are sure you do not want to continue with IPVanish, it’s better to contact customer support.
Ways to cancel IPVanish auto-renewal
It is simple enough to cancel IPVanish auto-renewal. You can either do it manually or head over to customer support for external assistance. Although going through customer support can be a hassle, they would first try to dissuade you from doing so. Still, the team is experienced and would not haggle.
1. Contact customer care
As expressed above, you can always contact the IPVanish customer service team for the cancellation of the auto-renewal feature. You can either use the mobile or email function. Both information is available on the homepage. If you look in the top right corner; you’d find the listed phone numbers and email addresses. Additionally, you can try to contact the live chat team. The vendor offers 24/7 support. Hence, you can get in touch with a representative and ask them to cancel the auto-renewal.
2. Manually unsubscribe from the IPVanish payment plan
Further, you can always cancel IPVanish auto-renewal manually. All you have to do is:
- Visit the IPVanish official homepage.
- Use your credentials to log into the IPVanish account.
- Once you log in, locate the subscription tab and click on it.
- It will show your current subscription status.
- Now scroll down and click on the link, “I wish to cancel my subscription.”
- Once you do so, you’ll face three options:
- Stay protected — It signifies that you do not want any changes.
- Do not renew — It means that you are nullifying the auto-renewal feature.
- Cancel now — It implies concurrent cancelation.
- Now select the Do not renew option for canceling the auto-renewal of your billing account.
- Once done, log out of the IPVanish account.
3. Cancel IPVanish auto-renewal on Android
It is easy to cancel a subscription on Android. But reason dictates that users need to have bought the plan via in-app purchase and not the IPVanish website. If you have bought an IPVanish subscription from the Google Play Store or IPVanish Android app, you can follow these instructions:
- First, go to the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- After that, make sure you are signed in to the Google account used in purchasing the app.
- Then click the account icon and select Payments & Subscriptions.
- Now go to the subscription menu.
- After that, select the subscription that you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription. Remember to cancel before the billing period is over.
5. Turn off auto-renewal on IPVanish for iOS
Similarly, canceling on iOS is easy if you have bought the subscription via the Apple Store in-app purchase. Apple’s policy prevents IPVanish from refunding or canceling any subscription made via the Apple App Store. Hence, you’d need to follow these few steps to get the job done:
- First, go to Settings on your device.
- Then click on your Apple account icon and go to iTunes & App Store.
- After that, click on your Apple ID located at the top of the screen.
- Then click the View Apple ID option.
- The device might prompt you for your Apple ID password.
- Enter it and log into your Apple ID.
- Then scroll down and click on Subscriptions.
- Now select the subscription that you want to manage. It will prompt another menu.
- From the Manage subscription tab, click on Cancel Subscription.
- Click on Confirm to finish the cancellation.