VPNs are revolutionary. They have evolved, step by step, over the years and successfully penetrated the individual security market. However, this tech has reached a point where the market has become diluted by numerous providers offering the same services. Thus, some users often try out newer providers, given a chance. They frequently cancel their subscriptions and move on to another service. But what if they want to come back? Also, a subscription has a clear expiry date. Hence, users also have to worry about renewing their existing services. Take Astrill VPN, for example. Although the service is costly, it has a dedicated user base. Consequently, the following article is for those readers of ours who wonder how to renew Astrill VPN.
Note — Astrill VPN is one of the leading services with remarkable obfuscation technology. If you want to learn more about it, please check our Astrill VPN review. Otherwise, readers can head to the official website of Astrill VPN.
1. Automatically renew Astrill VPN
Although Astrill VPN is a premium vendor, the subscription renewal isn’t complicated. We live in an era where subscribing to digital services has become the norm. Hence, the consumer does not have to worry about subscriptions and renewals; the process is almost automated. As long as they have the necessary funds, the service can keep on auto-renewing on the users’ behalf. The same holds when a consumer wants to renew Astrill VPN.
Since the VPN service operates various subscriptions and has different termination periods, the user can keep the service active by relying on auto payments. Hence, when the subscription ends, the VPN account initiates an auto payment in favor of the vendor to ensure uninterrupted VPN service. Renewing a VPN subscription is not that hard. If the user is content with his existing plan and wants to continue with the same, all they have to do is allow auto payments on their VPN account. Then, the service will charge a sum at the end of the subscription period, which will get debited to the user’s bank account. All this is automatic.
But even if there were no auto payments, those who want to renew Astrill VPN can do so by simply purchasing the next subscription. The only scenarios where auto-renewals can be bothersome are when the user is looking for a change, be it another subscription or an entirely new VPN vendor.
Features of auto-renewal
As we demonstrated, the core of the issue lies with auto-payments. It is not hard to pursue renewals on a VPN service. Although any changes in the subscription or provider will require manual handling, those who want to continue their VPN services can do so without worrying about renewals. These automatic renewals have certain perks we have explored underneath.
- Like any other subscription-based service, VPNs allow users to pursue auto payments to ensure uninterrupted services. The only drawback is the absence of after-sale modification to a subscription without cancellation.
- Users who want to change a plan must do it manually after initiating a cancellation.
- Auto-renewing Astrill VPN makes for a better customer experience.
- Renewals are not definite, as users can always dump the service in favor of another vendor. Auto-renewals can’t stop them from doing so.
- Users may always go back to their old service providers if they want. However, doing so will require renewing the service manually
- When the user purchases a subscription, they agree with the auto-payment feature of the service. Although, the user has the right to terminate said feature. However, there are a few modes of payment that do not support auto-renewals. We will mention them further down the line.
- Auto-renewals are subject to availability. If the existing subscription stops being offered in the service, auto-renewals will fail. Therefore, when a provider changes the pricing or relevant plans, they send a notification to the user. Only after purchasing the modified subscription can they resume the service.
What are auto payments and how to resume them?
Auto payments are a component of renewals. When users want to cancel or discontinue the service, they cancel auto-payments to disable renewals. Hence, the feature has a proportional effect on renewing a VPN service. The steps to enable/resume auto payments are as follows:
- Users need to visit the Astrill VPN website.
- Then they should log in to their accounts and navigate to Account Settings.
- On the dashboard, continue scrolling down to the Subscription tab.
- Here they can view their plan and cancel or resume auto payments.
2. Renew Astrill VPN manually
Let us now talk about manual renewals. Although automatic renewals are a boon, certain circumstances favor a manual approach. Objectively speaking, there isn’t much difference between the two. However, the manual method has distinct benefits exclusive to the process. We will study these benefits further down the road; to discourage those users who intermittently believe that automatic renewals are the way forward.
A manual approach comes into play when the VPN vendor can no longer renew its service automatically due to prevailing factors. It often happens when the user chooses an unorthodox mode of payment, such as cryptocurrencies or gift vouchers. Furthermore, when a user has to change subscriptions or vendors, they have to rely on manual subscriptions. Also, coming back to a vendor requires manually renewing its services.
Why are manual VPN service renewals necessary?
Here are the few benefits associated with renewing a VPN service manually.
- If users renew Astrill VPN manually, they can decide on the next subscription without worrying about cancellations. Hence, the renewal process becomes more flexible.
- A VPN also offers non-recurring payment methods such as cryptocurrencies, gift vouchers, redeem codes, etc. If a subscription is purchased using these modes of payments, auto-renewals are unviable.
- Auto-renewals do not support changing subscriptions after the term ends. First, the user has to cancel the service and then purchase a new plan. Also, auto-renewals prevent users from trying other vendors without cancellation.
- Auto-renewals are restricted by the payment cycle, whereas manual renewals do not have to bother about such factors.
The steps for Astrill VPN manual renewal are below: