VPNs are crucial to the digital safety of individuals. As such, numerous vendors offer this service to them. However, this also results in a user ditching a VPN (a private virtual network) in favor of another. Sometimes, a user has to terminate a specific service or try a new one. But as it is, many users return to their older providers after giving others a try. CyberGhost is one such provider that offers quality VPNs on all key platforms. Hence, our article focuses on how to renew CyberGhost VPN.
We’re doing this because quality VPNs are still a rarity in the market, or the user might have been comfortable with the previous service. However, no matter the reason, one should know how to continue using a specific VPN provider.
Note — CyberGhost VPN hails from Romania and offers over 7800 VPN servers across 90 countries. Learn more about the service with our CyberGhost VPN review.
1. Automatic CyberGhost VPN renewal
VPNs are digital products that rely on auto-renewals to furnish uninterrupted services to users. These VPNs provide the user with a network against a periodic payment. The subscription is paid to avail of the VPN service at the end of a payment cycle automatically. Here, the term payment cycle refers to the end of the subscription period. The service bills you for a new term based on the existing subscription. Hence, forming a cycle that ensures the continuity of VPN services. However, is it the best solution to a user’s dilemma? There is no option to change a plan in such situations.
Users also want to change subscriptions from time to time. But will it happen if the existing plan keeps on auto-renewing? How can one find a more affordable plan if needed? Or how about a whole other VPN service? The only recourse is to cancel the existing subscription in favor of a new one. That’s where our guide comes in. It is for users returning to CyberGhost VPN after a while and who want to continue their older accounts. Although they won’t have to renew CyberGhost VPN, the resumption of auto-payments is a must.
Benefits of auto-payments for a VPN subscription
The article will study renewals and auto-payments. It will also talk about changing a subscription if needed via manual input. But before that, we will look at a few significant points surrounding automatic renewals and auto-payments to understand if it is worth our time.
- A VPN service renews automatically at the end of a payment cycle. However, it doesn’t allow the user to change subscriptions.
- To change an existing VPN plan, the user should cancel it manually and then choose other subscriptions.
- Auto-renewals are worthwhile as they allow for the hassle-free continuation of VPN services.
- A user can still go for a new vendor. All they have to do is cancel the old subscription and purchase a new one with another provider. Also, they don’t have to worry about CyberGhost VPN, and can continue with the older account with a simple click. The user would have to resume auto payments or renew the service manually.
- Auto-renewals involve little besides going to the vendor and purchasing a plan. The intricacies are taken care of automatically.
- Before purchasing a service, heed the terms and conditions of the VPN service, as the provider reserves the right to raise, reduce or revise the prices of existing subscriptions. Hence, users already on a plan should be carefully nearing the payment cycle. If the prices change, the user should decide whether to continue with the current plan or change it.
Resume auto-payments to renew CyberGhost VPN
We have already understood the value of the auto payment that contributes greatly to renewals. Although users can cancel the automatic renewal process by stopping auto payments, returning ones will have to renew the function to continue their subscriptions. Hence, users should follow these steps to recommence auto-payments.
- Start by visiting the CyberGhost VPN website.
- Click My Account in the top right corner of the screen. We have to input our VPN credentials and log in.
- Scroll down and click on Settings, then profile.
- Click on My Subscription and select Resume Auto Payments. Finally, the feature is ready for use.
What is the manual renewal of VPN services?
Users need not fret as manual renewal is also possible with CyberGhost VPN. Additionally, the whole process is as easy as the automatic counterpart. Yes, many would wonder about this method as it is a justifying concern whether manual renewal is even needed today. That is why we will tackle the issue further down the article. However, before that, we should reiterate that the manual approach is suitable for the masses. One such example is when you purchase a subscription with gift cards.
These cards do not support auto-payment methods and are a one-time top-up. Hence, the user would need to buy the plans manually every time. There are other scenarios where manual renewal is necessary. Even returning users would rely on it as they have already canceled the previous subscription. From purchasing a new subscription to changing the existing plans, users will have to use the manual method for renewing CyberGhost VPN.
Is there a need to renew CyberGhost VPN manually?
Now, as promised, we will discuss the few benefits associated with manual CyberGhost renewal. Give them a quick look:
- Users are free to choose another subscription different from their existing ones, all thanks to the manual approach. They have to cancel the plan and renew CyberGhost VPN with a new one.
- Some modes of payments like cryptocurrencies, gift cards, and offer vouchers do not support auto-renewal or automatic payments. Thus, the user is required to manually purchase a subscription at the end of the payment cycle.
- On the contrary, auto-renewals do not support changing subscriptions mid-way without prior cancellations. If you want to change your plan, you will need to cancel it manually and then proceed with purchasing an alternative.
- Users can change their mode of payment but only at the end of a cycle. Hence, renewing with a new method will require doing so manually.
- Returning users can continue with their older accounts using manual renewals.
Manual subscription renewal process for CyberGhost VPN
Follow the given below steps to renew your CyberGhost VPN manually.
- Visit the CyberGhost VPN website.
- Sign in to My Account using the VPN credentials.
- After that, go to Settings and find the active subscription under “My Subscription”. You can view your subscription status and decide how to proceed further.
- Now, on the VPN subscription purchase page, select a new plan.
- Then, select a payment method and continue.
- Click on Proceed to head to the check-out page and pay the relevant amount. After paying the fee, your plan will get activated. Worry not, as it will continue to renew automatically at the end of the payment cycle.