People renew VPNs due to numerous reasons. Some may want to select a new subscription plan, while others may be returning to the service and want to resume their older accounts. But no matter the cause, renewing a VPN service is one of the most sought-after questions. Hence, we have explicitly prepared our article to answer most of the reader’s questions. However, we have based our article on how to renew IPVanish VPN to aid our readers with the service.
After all, it is no longer rare to use a VPN to safeguard your digital well-being. Hence, many users try to experience as many services as possible. But many find IPVanish to be worth coming back to. The service is a well-known VPN with extra emphasis on streaming and entertainment. If you are one of those who want to re-experience the service or alter your subscriptions, scroll down.
1. Renewing IPVanish VPN automatically
As with most streamlined services, IPVanish also ensures uninterrupted coverage by renewing its services automatically at the end of a payment cycle. The term “payment cycle” refers to the point in time when your existing subscription terminates, and you get billed for a new term. Thus, it keeps the service ongoing without any interruptions. But is it truly the best for you? What if you are on an annual plan and want to change your subscription to a much shorter one?
How can you do this if the service keeps on auto-renewing? What about finding a more affordable plan? Or better yet, another service? The only answer is to cancel your existing IPVanish services and go for another one. This article is for those users who have already left for another service but still find themselves back to square one. You don’t need to renew IPVanish VPN as it is an automated process. But any changes will warrant a cancellation and then manual renewal.
Yes, you can simply go back to IPVanish, purchase a new subscription with a new account, and enjoy auto-renewals. But what if you still need to change plans? In this article, we will tackle resuming auto-payments services to facilitate auto-renewals. But first, we should go over a few salient points of auto-renewal and understand if this feature is suitable enough or not.
- Those users unsatisfied with their existing subscriptions can only change them by manually canceling and stopping the service.
- Auto-renewal is a feature that allows users to remain worry-free as it renews their subscription at the end of a payment cycle, as long a payment has been made.
- Users are free to pursue other vendors. It is not an issue as you can still renew your IPVanish VPN after canceling it. Thus, you have the freedom to cancel your existing subscription to give other services a chance.
- If you want to renew IPVanish VPN automatically, all you need to do is head to the official IPVanish VPN website and buy a subscription plan as per your needs.
- The right to raise, reduce, or revise the prices of its subscription plans stays solely with IPVanish. Thus, if those users who are already on a plan, approaching the payment cycle, are subject to a modified plan, must make sure whether to continue with newer pricing or cancel and purchase a new plan.
- In any event, the provider will inform the users of the modified changes well in advance.
Resume automatic payments to IPVanish
We already examined the pros and cons of auto-renewals. Users can stop them by canceling automatic payments. Then, you can resume auto-renewing by continuing with automatic payments. Follow the mentioned steps to resume automatic payments:
- Go to the IPVanish VPN website.
- Now, locate and click on My Account.
- Then, use your VPN credentials to log in.
- Go to the setting and find Subscriptions.
- Now, scroll down and find your existing subscription.
- Click it and select resume payment.
- Now, your auto-renewal is ready.
2. Manually renew IPVanish VPN subscription
Renewal of IPVanish VPN is also possible manually, and it is as easy as auto-renewals. Although some readers may be thinking, why do we even need manual renewals? We will explain that later in the article, but first, we must recognize that it can be a suitable method for many. One example is using cryptocurrencies for payment. When you use such payment methods that do not support auto-renewals, there is a need for a manual approach.
Hence, in such cases, the user has to pay and purchase the VPN service manually. Another example is when a user returns to the VPN and wants to continue his older account. Although, the user is free to create a new account and purchase another subscription. Lastly, some wish to change their current plan. All this requires manual input.
Is there a need for manual renewal?
Here are a few reasons that justify manual renewals. You can first give them a read before approaching IPVanish VPN renewal.
- Manual renewal provides the user with a choice to change their existing subscription and select a new plan accordingly. All they have to do is cancel the old subscription and renew the VPN with a new plan.
- There are some payment methods like cryptocurrencies and gift card vouchers that do not support auto-renewals. In such cases, you can either manually renew it at each cycle or purchase the plan with a mode of payment that supports auto-renewals.
- Similarly, auto-renewals do not support changing subscriptions. You have to cancel your service and purchase a new plan, which is essentially manually renewing your VPN.
- You can change your mode of payment only at the end of a payment cycle. Likewise, you have to renew with the new method manually.
- Users who find themselves back to IPVanish VPN can resume services by manually renewing them.
IPVanish VPN renewal process
Users can follow the below-mentioned plan to renew IPVanish VPN manually.
- Head over to the IPVanish VPN website.
- Now, click on My Account and enter your IPVanish VPN credentials to log in to your account.
- Go to Settings and then find Subscriptions.
- Here you can find your latest plan. If already canceled, it will show your last active subscription. Click it and select Renew. The website will redirect you to the purchase page.
- Now, select a subscription as per your needs.
- Continue and choose a payment method.
- Click on Purchase now, and you will be redirected to the payment portal.
- Once you successfully pay the price, the plan will activate. You don’t have to worry a moment more, as it will be automatically renewed at the end of your payment cycle.