Users tend to cancel their subscriptions due to various reasons. They either want to experience a new provider or maybe want to quit the older one. However, no matter the reason, some people tend to return to an abandoned service. Although why they do this is outside our purview, we are here to help our readers renew their services, specifically PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN. Furthermore, a user also needs to learn how to continue their soon ending subscription if they want uninterrupted services.
Thus, with that in mind, we will demonstrate PIA renewal, a well-regarded name in the VPN (virtual private network) industry. The provider is a US-based vendor who has been in the VPN business for over a decade. People have numerous experiences with PIA on all parts of the spectrum. Regardless, here’s the procedure to continue using it.
Note — We have a detailed PIA review available on our website for those interested. It can provide the assurance you’re making the right decision.
1. Renew the PIA VPN payment plan automatically
Like other popular VPN services, PIA also strives for overall customer satisfaction, which includes ensuring uninterrupted service. That is why, like other leading VPNs, it provides automatic renewal of its services. Thus, when your PIA subscription is at the end of its tenure, the provider will automatically renew your services against a charge made to the original mode of payment. However, many users do not like this feature.
Although convenient, automatic renewal lacks the freedom of choice, which means the subscription will be renewed with the previous plan. Therefore, if you want to change the plan, you will have to cancel it and renew PIA VPN manually. Remembering to cancel on time is another concern. Having said that, let us heed a few points associated with the automatic renewal of services.
- Automatic renewal can’t change your subscription. If you want to give a new plan a try, we recommend manually canceling your subscription and purchasing a new one.
- Renewing PIA is possible even after you have canceled your plan. If you do not like other subscriptions and want to continue with the older one even after cancellation, you are free to do so by visiting the PIA account.
- PIA reserves the right to change the subscription prices. Even if you are already on a plan that is due for renewal, the newer prices will apply in the case of PIA employing a new pricing policy.
- The provider is likely to inform you in advance in case you are unhappy with the new prices and want to cancel the plan.
How to resume automatic payments on PIA
People tend to cancel automatic payments to prevent automatic renewal. However, if you want to renew your PIA VPN, then you will also need to continue with the auto-pay service. Hence, follow our step-by-step detailed guide to resume this service on your PIA account.
- Visit the official PIA website.
- Click on the Login option in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Now, wait for the new page to load.
- Use your VPN credentials to log into your PIA VPN account.
- Go to the settings and under Payment, click on My Subscription.
- Now click on Resume auto-payments. You will need to authenticate this by entering your VPN credentials. Your subscription will be ready for automatic renewal hereafter.
2. Manually renew Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN subscription
Although the reasons behind manually renewing PIA are a separate debate, some payment methods do not recognize or accept automatic renewal of services. This is true in the case of cryptocurrencies. If you still want to renew your PIA VPN by using such methods, you must do so manually. Also, in case of returning to PIA, you may locate your older login credentials. Otherwise, you might need to sign up for a new PIA account. But if you want to renew your service to change subscriptions, you will also need to do it by hand.
Why does PIA need manual renewal?
Before we delve further into how to manually renew PIA VPN, first we need to understand the need behind it. As an automatic renewal service is already available, why does PIA require a manual renewal? Here are some justifications:
- A change in subscription warrants manual renewal of the service.
- Automatic renewal doesn’t support changing VPN subscriptions. One has to cancel and renew.
- If your payment method doesn’t support automatic renewal, you have to rely on a manual one. For a manual renewal, first, turn off auto-pay before canceling the plan. After you have selected a suitable one, pay for it using a method that supports auto-pay.
- Those who want to change their payment methods after a period must do so manually.
- Users who have reverted to Private Internet Access must use manual renewal to initiate the connection.
Guide to manually renewing PIA
Follow these simple steps to renew PIA VPN manually with ease:
- Visit the official PIA website and log in to your PIA VPN account.
- Go to settings and locate Subscription. Here you can find your last active plan.
- Click on it and select Renew Now.
- Renew will only appear if your service has ceased.
- A new page will load with several subscriptions to choose from. You can either select your older plan or buy a new subscription according to your needs.
- After you have made your decision, click on the Get VPN button and select your mode of payment.
- Once you are done with payment, your subscription will activate and auto-renew whenever its expiration date arrives.