Today we are attempting an article on how to renew PrivateVPN for our readers. As we all should know, a VPN (a virtual private network) is a safeguard against online threats. Although beneficial, the internet is equally treacherous; many lurks in the shadows to profit from unsuspecting individuals. However, a VPN is a digital shield that prevents potential threats from materializing. It is not a cure but more of a preventive method. As such, having an active VPN subscription can be all the difference. But there are times when a user ceases to employ one, or they went to a different vendor and were let down. Whether you are a returning user or trying the service for the first time, the article will guide you on how to renew PrivateVPN through simple instructions.
1. Renew PrivateVPN automatically
PrivateVPN doesn’t necessarily pose a challenge during its renewal. Like other digital products that run on subscriptions, the service is capable of auto-renewals as long your bank account has a sufficient balance. PrivateVPN charges the customers at the end of a subscription period. That is done automatically. A VPN provider works more like a virtual landlord who offers its network for use on a regular rental. Once the payment stops, it terminates its services. However, a VPN automatically charges at the end of a payment cycle, ensuring the continuity of the subscription.
Hence, the auto-renewal of PrivateVPN depends on auto payments. Those with an active subscription generally do not have to worry as long the auto payment is an option. But even without such a mode of payment, renewing a VPN service isn’t a tall order as long the user may heed. Moreover, there are times when a user wants to try something new from the provider, but with an active subscription, it is next to impossible. To change the subscription, first, the user will have to cancel it and lose his funds. Then he will have to pay for a new plan.
Then what happens when the same user decides to come back to the original service provider? He has to resume the payments to initiate renewals. That’s why we have made this guide. Although the users do not have to worry about automatic renewals, they still have to learn how to manage payments.
Auto-renewal and its features
Before we attempt resuming auto-renewals or auto-payments, we should understand that changing a subscription requires a manual touch, which we have covered later in the article. However, auto-renewals aren’t without their merits or specific features, which are as follows:
- VPNs are like other subscription-based services that renew themselves at the end of a payment cycle to keep the process simple and convenient. On the contrary, they don’t allow users to change existing subscriptions.
- To change an existing subscription, manual input is needed. Only then can the user move along and select a new plan.
- Auto-renewals have their charm as they allow a hassle-free experience for users.
- Unfortunately, the existence of auto-renewal doesn’t necessarily mean that the users are stuck with a particular service.
- The cancellation and purchase of another service are possible, even if enjoying auto-renewals with the older vendor.
- Returning to the older VPN is still possible; resuming auto-payments can lead to auto-renewals.
- Auto-renewal is essentially purchasing a VPN subscription with a vendor. The rest will be taken care of automatically.
- Auto-renewals are subject to the vendor’s subscription availability. The subscriptions adhere to the numerous terms and conditions of the VPN service. As such, the vendor holds the absolute right to raise, reduce, revise or reverse the pricing of a term plan. Hence, users must tread carefully nearing the end of a subscription.
How do I resume auto-payments to facilitate PrivateVPN renewal?
To continue with auto-payments, our readers should follow the steps provided in the article. Stopping this feature disables auto-renewals. In contrast, resuming it will reinstate auto-payments. All you have to do is follow these instructions:
- Go visit the PrivateVPN website.
- Log in to your account using the VPN credentials and navigate to the dashboard.
- Click on your profile and scroll down to the subscription segment.
- Now, you can view your existing subscription. Beneath it, you will find the auto-payment feature.
- If disabled, click it and select Yes on the prompt.
- Your auto-payment on PrivateVPN will get active.
2. Renew PrivateVPN manually
Automatic renewals are welcome on PrivateVPN, as you can read. However, so is the manual input, as it comes with benefits exclusive to the method Moreover, it is as easy as the auto-renewals of the service. Although many users are doubtful about the legitimacy of the manual process, given the VPN vendors already allow auto-renewals, they feel that there is no real need for manual ones. However, as teased above, we need a method to renew PrivateVPN manually, to cover each aspect of the service. One such example that comes to mind is when a user purchases a subscription with a gift card top-up.
There is no clear way for the service to renew automatically, and manual input is the only way out. Other situations also favor the validity of manual renewals quite a bit. Returning users need to purchase a subscription and activate the VPN manually if they want to use their older accounts. Furthermore, those in need of changing a subscription will also do so manually on the VPN account.
Why manual renewals?
Finally, it’s time to highlight the advantage of manual renewals. PrivateVPN, like other providers, benefits from both approaches when it comes to renewals. Hence, give the method a quick look.
- Using the manual method of renewing PrivateVPN, users can choose a subscription whenever they want as cancellations and renewals become more flexible.
- A VPN supports different payment methods, and some are non-recurring. If you use a cryptocurrency or a gift card to purchase a subscription, then their nature can’t support auto-renewals. Thus, manually renewing is the way forward.
- Also, note that auto-renewals do not support changing providers mid-way without cancellations. It also demotivates the users from changing the already active plan. Hence, you will have to cancel the plans and manually renew them later if you want to experience the same VPN service.
- Even changing the payment method that supports auto-renewal has to be done at the end of a payment cycle, and that too manually.
- Returning users can use manual renewals to activate their old accounts.
Steps to renew PrivateVPN manually
Given below are the steps that can manually renew PrivateVPN.
- Start by visiting the PrivateVPN website.
- After that, log in to the VPN account and go to settings.
- Then, find out the subscription status. Now, head to the purchase page.
- Here, buy a suitable subscription, and make the necessary payment.