If you are coming back to a VPN (a virtual private network) service, you will have to renew it before using it. Also, if you want to change a subscription, then again, the due recourse is to cancel your plan before reinstating it. Thus, a VPN user must understand the importance of service renewal. That’s crucial when a quality VPN service is involved, such as when you need to renew Surfshark VPN.
This one is unlike your other providers that offer ridiculously higher prices. Instead, all subscriptions from Surfshark are well-intended, practically placed, and unreasonably cheap. However, you, being a returning customer or someone wanting to change his plan, must know how to renew Surfshark to enjoy the uninterrupted services. That’s what we aim to help you with through our article.
Note — Confused about Surfshark VPN? Give our Surfshark VPN review a read before continuing.
Renew Surfshark VPN automatically
Surfshark VPN automatically renews after a payment cycle. A payment cycle refers to the period when the subscription ends and starts. Hence, the service charges you according to the active subscription to ensure uninterrupted service. However, what about those who want to experience some change? This can be in the form of another more affordable or better-suitable plan. Or it can also be a whole another VPN service. Then the user has to cancel the subscription and stop automatic renewal. This segment is for users who have already canceled or stopped their auto payments.
With that said, resuming the service allows the Surfshark VPN to renew without assistance. However, before we do that, let us explore a few points related to automatic renewal. As likely understand, the user does not have to do anything other than purchase a subscription to enjoy auto-renewal on Surfshark VPN. But changing a plan or coming back to Surfshark after canceling it requires manual input. Worry not—we will cover that down the page. First, let us heed these few points:
- Automatic renewal is a feature that charges you at the end of a payment cycle to ensure that a subscription remains active.
- In case you want to alter your purchased plans, you will have to manually cancel the subscription and stop the services.
- Those who want to experience something new can change providers. That’s because renewing the Surfshark VPN subscription is possible even after cancellation. Thus, you have the freedom to cancel your active subscription and try out a new vendor or plan.
- It is easy to purchase and renew Surfshark VPN automatically. All you need to do is go to the official website and buy a subscription.
- Surfshark solely holds the right to raise, reduce and or revise the prices on its subscriptions. Hence, those who are already on a plan and are due for renewal will be subject to the modified charges. However, in such circumstances, the vendor will duly inform you in advance.
Resume automatic payments
People cancel automatic payments to prevent any unwanted charges. But you are free to resume the service by signing in to your Surfshark account. In fact, without automatic payments, you can’t enjoy auto-renewals. As such, we recommend following these steps mentioned below to reinstate your automatic payments.
- Go to the Surfshark website.
- Now click on the Login tab in the top right corner of the screen.
- Wait for the login page to load. You can log in with your email and password or use the code.
- After a successful login, go to Setting and then the General tab.
- Locate Payments and click on Subscription.
- Resume auto-payments for your account. You will need to authenticate this step by entering your Surfshark credentials. After that, you will resume auto-renewals.
Guide to manually renew Surfshark VPN
Manually renewing Surfshark is as easy as purchasing a VPN subscription. Honestly, that’s all there is to it. Although why we need to manually renew Surfshark isn’t something for our readers to worry about, they have to understand that sometimes it is the best course of action available. For example, some payment methods don’t support auto-renewal like gift card vouchers or cryptocurrencies.
In such cases, a user has to manually pay and purchase, essentially renew, their VPN services. Another decent example is those returning users who have a Surfshark account but have to restart the subscription first to enjoy its services. Lastly, those who want a new subscription will have to cancel and renew Surfshark VPN under a new plan.
Why is there a need for manual renewal?
Before we begin with reinstating your subscription, let us first give a brief look at the numerous reasons that justify it. A Surfshark VPN subscription is not only cheap but also value for money. Hence, here are a few highlights to present the case for manual renewals.
- Whenever the user wants to change their active subscription, they have to cancel the old one and renew the service with a new plan.
- Auto-renewals do not support a change in subscriptions. The vendor demands you first cancel it before buying a new one.
- Some payment methods deject auto-renewals. They do not complete the transaction at a payment cycle and require manual input. Hence, you have to wait for the plan to end its tenure and then subscribe to a new one according to your needs.
- Similarly, those who seek to change payment methods will also have to wait for the subscription to end before renewing services with a new method.
- Users who have come back to the VPN and want to continue with their old accounts would have to renew Surfshark VPN by hand.
Manual Surfshark VPN renewal procedure
Given below is the procedure to renew the VPN service manually. Follow these steps to ensure uninterrupted access to the service:
- Go to the official Surfshark VPN website.
- Then log in to your Surfshark account. You can find the Login tab in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now go to Settings and then select the General tab. Here you will find your last active subscription.
- Thus, click it and select Renew Now. The website will redirect you to the purchase section, where you will find a variety of subscription plans.
- Hence, select one. You are also free to select your older plan.
- Then scroll down and choose a payment method.
- After that, click on Purchase.
- The website will now redirect you to the payment portal. Once you have made the payment, your subscription will activate. Plus, it will auto-renew at the end of each payment cycle as long as you leave it be.