Uninstallation is an important facet of any software, no matter how crucial it is to your daily life. And there are always enough reasons to pursue an uninstallation. Take Hola VPN as an example. Despite being a free service, many feel unsatisfied with the provider. But without an uninstallation solution, users would have stuck with the VPN client without any remedies. Thus, it is always a positive to know how to uninstall Hola VPN, certainly when you are going to replace it with a better service provider.
Method 1. Uninstalling Hola VPN on Windows:
Coming to the topic of uninstallation, we will first start with one of the most popular platforms in the world, Windows. As an OS used by billions of people, the platform is a premium target of developers, making apps and programs for anything and everything. Now, with so many alternatives and options, there tend to be some apps or software which are sub-par.
And Hola VPN, as a free service, has seen millions of downloads across different platforms, Windows included. But it is not exactly great software. And even if it is, there can be reasons when a user has to replace it in favor of another provider or simply due to litigious reasons.
Thus, irrespective of the reasons, the user must understand the ins and outs of the uninstallation process on a Windows system. And as if to reciprocate, Windows too, offer enough methods for this process to make every user comfortable.
In this article, we will consider two major methods for uninstallation; that can get rid of Hola VPN from your systems perfectly. While the first one involves a third-party app that automatically scans and removes leftover files from your system, the other method is more hands-on that utilizes the system’s native settings.
Via a third party app
Starting with automatic uninstallation, first, we have to get a hold of a third-party app. But worry not! A quick internet search will take care of it, as there are literally tons of such programs available for the platform.
Although the process is mostly automatic, the user still has to ensure the VPN is not working. There are no background tasks ongoing, and similarly, there is no active connection. Otherwise, the process will fail.
- First, we have to shut down the Hola VPN by disconnecting it from the internet.
- After that, make sure to quit the VPN app.
- Now, to ensure that no background process is still ongoing, right-click on the Hola VPN icon in the system tray, and click on Quit.
- Finally, launch the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and go to the Running tab.
- If you find Hola VPN there, select it and click on End Process. Otherwise, proceed with the installation directly.
Now that we have ensured the VPN is not in action, let’s proceed the uninstallation.
Note – We are going to use Total Uninstaller for the process. We do not endorse any particular software. And the user if free to make his/her own judgement.
- Launch the Total Uninstaller app (or any app of your choice).
- It will start an auto scan and list all the available apps on the system.
- Thus, select Hola VPN from the list and click on the Run Analysis button at the side.
- Now, all the relevant Hola VPN files are in the same place.
- Then simply click on Uninstall and wait for the process to finish.
Via Windows settings
This method is for those who are comfortable exploring the system settings. Although, it doesn’t require any technical knowledge, at all, and is totally safe. However, the process shown here is only for Windows 10 or up.
- First, launch the Start menu and click on Settings.
- Then go to Apps and look for Hola VPN.
- After that, click on Hola VPN and select Uninstall from the option.
- Now wait for the Windows Installation Wizard to load.
- Finally, keep on following the on-screen instructions and clicking Next.
- And remember after a safe uninstallation, do restart your PC.
Method 2. Uninstall Hola VPN from macOS
Despite popular disbelief, macOS is a relatively user-friendly operating system. It presents an easy way of installing and uninstalling an app. Furthermore, like Windows, it also has enough third-party applications to do the work for you. Hence, the following segment will include different solutions a Mac user can pursue, including app removal via third-party applications.
Via any third party programs
Mac users too, have a choice of multiple programs, when it comes to uninstallation. As such, let us proceed with, but keeping in mind that the VPN must not be working in the background.
- First, use the Force Quit utility.
- Then, try to locate Hola VPN under the Running Tab.
- If present, click on the Force Quit button.
- Finally, use the Activity Monitor to ensure Hola VPN has ceased functioning.
After the checkup, users can proceed with the uninstallation without worries.
- Now, launch the App Cleaner & Uninstaller app and let it auto scan your system.
- After that, select Hola VPN and click on the Uninstall button.
- Finally, wait for the process to end.
Via the App Store
Users can uninstall an app with a single click if it is available on the App Store. All they have to do is go to the Launchpad, press & hold the Option key, and delete the app. But as we already said, it only works for the app downloaded or available in the App Store.
The Drag and Drop
Similar to the previous process, the Drag, and Drop works seamlessly on most macOS apps. However, there are chances that it can leave behind some residual files. But the process itself is pretty simple. The user only needs to drag any of the apps to the Trash Bin and drop it there. That’s it.
Method 3. Android Uninstallation – Hola VPN:
Android users never had to worry about any uninstallations, either. There are literally enough solutions to removing an app from Android than found on any of the other platforms. Users can choose a different app, such as the App Cleaner or Memory Booster, to scan and delete an app.
Then they can also simply long-press the app icon and then tap the X to delete the app. If they want, they can also go to the Google Play Store, look up the app, and then uninstall it. Or finally, they can just go to the SmartPhone settings, search for the app, and tap the uninstall button to finish the job.
Method 4. Removing Hola VPN from an iOS device
Finally, we come to iOS devices. While it also possible different uninstallation methods, the traditional approach is by far the most convenient one. Simply long-press the app icon and tap the X that appears in the corner, and you are done.