The modern-age man is a bit impatient. With the attention span of mere minutes, nothing can engage him for long. And the reason behind this phenomenon is the internet. However, the web has its pros and cons. But without debating whether the internet is right or wrong, we should accept that it accommodates enough space in our daily lives. Hence, there is always a need to protect this space due to privacy and security concerns. That’s when you buy and use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) such as Astrill.
It’s a tool that aids the user with online security. An individual vendor provides a network for a user against a subscription. Although there are numerous vendors in the VPN market, when it comes to quality service, Astrill VPN stands miles apart. Hence, this guide focuses on using this provider’s software.
Why should you choose Astrill VPN?
When selecting the optimal VPN service per your needs, one should account for numerous details. From the number of VPN servers to the additional features offered, a user considers everything the VPN claims to do. Then what makes Astrill VPN a better choice? The service is for those who want to focus on bypassing censorship and VPN blocking. It has one of the best obfuscation technology available on the market. But the service doesn’t come cheap—the VPN is well-known to be one of the priciest options. Furthermore, the network is relatively small for a premium vendor, as it sports only a hundred servers in 57 countries.
However, despite the limitations, the VPN never fails to impress when it comes to performance. Due to its customer satisfaction, the service enjoys a loyal and trustworthy customer base. Astrill VPN has enough for everyone. That includes a watertight no-logs policy and advanced VPN protocols like WireGuard and OpenVPN. Even the encryption used is state-of-the-art. Users can pursue streaming or even torrent with the VPN. Hence, it’s beneficial that users know how to use Astrill VPN.
1. Using Astrill software on Windows
The VPN vendor has made the app available on all the major platforms. It also has a VPN client for Windows. Although you can’t use it on older versions of the operating system (OS), the client supports anything above Windows 7. Also, note that one should download the app from the official source and not third-party avenues to avoid potential issues. Now, those who seek instructions for Astrill VPN use on Windows can follow these steps:
- Visit the Astrill VPN website.
- Enter the following web address: www.astrill.com or click the link in the introductory note.
- On the website, click on the Download tab and select Windows Application.
- Now click on Download Astrill VPN and wait for the browser to start downloading the file.
- Open the Download Folder and locate the EXE file after the file finishes downloading.
- Double-click on the file to execute it. The Windows Installation Wizard will launch.
- Follow the instructions on the Wizard and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Select a location for the app and click on Finish to finalize the installation process.
- Go to your Desktop and find the VPN app icon.
- Double-click the icon to launch the VPN. Then, it will ask you to log in using your Astrill VPN account credentials.
- Those already registered for an Astrill VPN account can enter their username and password.
- Otherwise, visit the VPN website. Then, click on Pricing to purchase an account subscription and use the information to create an account.
- Once successfully logged in to the app, click on the VPN server to change the target server.
- Alternatively, continue with the default setting.
- Click the Power On icon/button to initiate a VPN connection.
- Select Yes if you are prompted anywhere in between.
2. Employ Astrill VPN on Mac
If you have used a Mac device, then you know it is much easier to set up an application on the macOS than on Windows. However, this intrinsic nature doesn’t negate the fact that we should provide a detailed guide for installing and using Astrill VPN on macOS. Hence, those who want to run the VPN on a Mac can do so via the following steps:
- Go to the Astrill VPN website and download the VPN client.
- Since the first few steps are similar to Windows, we will not reiterate them.
- Once the download finishes, visit the Download Folder and select the DMG file.
- Then drag the file to the Application Folder and drop it.
- It will initiate the installation. Your device will prompt authentication.
- Enter your Mac ID credentials to proceed.
- After installing the app, click to run it. Now, the app requires a login.
- Either enter your Astrill VPN account information or create a new account after purchasing a subscription.
- Once you have signed in, select your preferred VPN server location or go with the default settings.
- Click the Power On icon to launch the VPN connection.
3. Android users can use Astrill VPN this way
Android needs no introduction. Owing to its popularity, numerous vendors provide exclusive VPN apps for the smartphone platform. One such vendor is Astrill VPN, which has an exquisite client for Android OS 4.4 and up. This one-click VPN is easy to set up and use, as long as one can follow the instructions carefully. However, we must remind our readers that, despite many sources available for downloading the Android VPN app, we stress the importance of the official source.
- On your Android device, open Google Play Store.
- Now, search “Astrill VPN”.
- Click on the app and tap Install.
- Once the installation is over, go to the home screen and tap the app icon to launch the app.
- Now, enter your VPN credentials to log in.
- Those without a VPN account should visit the website to purchase a subscription and create an account.
- Such users can also purchase an in-app subscription as per their choice.
- Select the server to connect to or go with the default settings.
- Tap the Power On icon to start a VPN connection.
- It will prompt a notification to verify the use of a VPN. Select Yes.
4. Using the Astrill application on iOS devices
Be warned that the vendor only supports iOS version 9 or up. With that in mind, do the following to install and utilize the Astrill VPN app on a compatible iOS device.
- Visit Apple App Store on the iOS device.
- Enter “Astrill VPN” in the search bar.
- Tap the app icon on the home screen to launch it.
- Now, enter the VPN credentials to log in.
- Select the designated server.
- Tap the Power-Up icon.