The internet is a place of wonders. Today it has advanced leaps and bounds and has contributed to the improvement of surrounding technologies. One such tech that the internet influences is undoubtedly a VPN (a virtual private network). When initially it was a medium of secure communication between remote branches of businesses, today it has evolved beyond the realms of corporate consumption. A VPN is no longer a simple network but a full-fledged service. A few leaders in this industry segregate themselves based on the services rendered. One such vendor is the CyberGhost VPN, which provides top-notch service to individuals, and we want to show you how to use it.
What is CyberGhost VPN?
CyberGhost VPN is one of the market leaders in the VPN industry. It is renowned for offering top-tier services at affordable prices. Hailing from Romania, the VPN is at the forefront of advocating data privacy. Combined with a strict no-logging policy and independent audits, it is one of the most private VPN services. However, that’s not all. The VPN also ensures security and stability by introducing the latest security protocols and VPN encryption.
But to learn more about this outstanding provider, we suggest checking out our detailed CyberGhost review. Users can learn how to use CyberGhost VPN with our step-by-step and detailed guide. Although, this guide has only included exclusive apps and not manual installation as it focuses on using the service. Furthermore, it includes platforms such as Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. Thus, scroll down and learn more about it.
Ways to use CyberGhost VPN on Windows
Follow these steps to employ CyberGhost for your Windows machine.
- First, ensure you are running the latest version of Windows.
- The VPN supports Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. Older versions won’t work with the exclusive app.
- After that, users have to head to the official CyberGhost VPN website.
- On the website, locate the VPN Apps tab and move your cursor there.
- Doing so will open a drop-down menu and let you select Windows from the list.
- Your Windows client will start downloading. Once it finishes, go to your Downloads folder.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded CyberGhost.exe file to initiate the installation process.
- You will get a prompt regarding authentication. Click on OK.
- Now the Windows Installation Wizard will run. Follow the instructions accordingly.
- Select a location for installation and click on Done/Finish to end the process.
- Then go to the desktop to locate the CyberGhost VPN app icon. Double-click on it to run the app.
- You will now see the login page. Here, you have to enter your VPN credentials, such as the username and password you get during subscribing to the service.
- Tip. Go to the official CyberGhost website and purchase a subscription plan if you do not have one.
- After you successfully log in to the app, you will see a new page with various details.
- You can change the destination VPN server or go with the default settings.
- Click the Connect button to initiate a VPN connection.
Instructions to employ CyberGhost on Mac
Similarly, using CyberGhost VPN on a Mac device is easy. First, remember that the official VPN client works for these macOS versions besides the latest one—macOS Mojave (10.14), macOS High Sierra (10.13), and macOS Sierra (10.12). Now, all you need to do is go through these steps:
- Visit the official website to get your hands on the exclusive app.
- You can follow the steps provided in the above guide. However, change Windows to macOS.
- Once the file finishes downloading, move the file from the Download folder to the Application folder. Doing so will install the app.
- If prompted, click on “Yes” and enter your macOS credentials.
- After the process finishes, launch the app, and you will encounter the login page.
- The page requires your VPN credentials, such as username and password.
- Those who don’t have them can go to the website and purchase a plan.
- After a successful login, you will encounter a status page. On this page with numerous information, you can change the target VPN server or rely on the default settings.
- Click on the Connect tab to initiate the VPN connection.
Using the Android app for CyberGhost
We will use the app from the Google Play Store instead of the official website to make the guide much simpler. Here’s what to do:
- Go to Google Play Store and enter the keyword “CyberGhost VPN” in the search box.
- After that, click on the CyberGhost App icon on the list to install it.
- When the app finishes downloading, click on the open button.
- You can also go to the homepage and click on the app icon.
- The app will launch, and you will encounter the login page. Now, you can either enter your existing VPN credentials or go to the official CyberGhost VPN website to purchase a subscription.
- After a successful login, you will visit the Status page. Here you can choose which server to connect to.
- Now click on the Connect option (power on/off button).
- The device will prompt you for permission. Click on OK, and the VPN connection will be established.
Installing the CyberGhost VPN iOS application
Likewise, we won’t go to the webpage but the App Store for this guide. Follow these instructions:
- Go to Apple App Store on your iOS device.
- Enter the word “CyberGhost” into the search box.
- After that, click on the download icon to install the app.
- Once the installation finishes, click the app icon to run it.
- The app will take you to the login page. Now you need to enter your VPN credentials.
- Either enter your existing username or password or go to the official CyberGhost VPN website to purchase a subscription.
- Then use it to successfully log into the app.
- You will now head to the Status page. You can either choose to go with the default settings or change the server location.
- Once done, click on the power on/off button.
- The device will send a prompt. Click on Allow to start the process.