VPN (virtual private network) is a technology that rarely warrants an introduction. Although they discovered it for corporate networking and private communication, the tech has overcome such limitations. Consequently, it evolved into a full-fledged service that caters to individual privacy and data security. Hence, it can keep you protected on the net. However, the service doesn’t function independently. Numerous vendors and providers invest in a VPN network to facilitate it. We’ll show you how to use one VPN named Hide.me.
Although we can’t claim that all such vendors are responsible for the quality, there are a few who eventually aim to provide users with an astounding VPN service. The one we’ll mention is a provider that effortlessly brings the word anonymity to mind. Many users are interested in this VPN and want to get their hands on it. This includes potentially new users who have heard this particular name, and our detailed article will cater to such an audience. Today, we decided to demonstrate ways to use Hide.me VPN on any given device/platform.
Hide.me VPN introduction
First, let us start with what Hide.me VPN is, and why does it matter? Although we have a detailed Hide.me VPN review available on our website, we have taken a minute to provide a brief introduction to the service. Hide.me, as you might know, is a VPN service that hails from Malaysia. Since the company doesn’t fall under a data retention jurisdiction, it helps with its trustworthiness. This combined with its strict no-logs policy has allowed the VPN service to acquire over 10 million users over the last decade. It is undoubtedly a quality mid-tier provider that has brand recognition.
The vendor offers premium VPN servers across 41 countries. It has a network of 2000 servers and can offer up to 7000 IP addresses. But the best thing about the service is that it has a stand-alone free version. Although the premium version isn’t that costly at $4 per month, having a free version always helps. The VPN itself is good at all-around performance. It offers above-average speeds and can support streaming. However, there is no Smart DNS or port forwarding. Despite that, the vendor tries to favor P2P (peer-to-peer) traffic on every server. The VPN has advanced features like a SOCKS5 proxy and a kill switch.
It has revolutionary security protocols in play as well. These protocols include the versatile OpenVPN, the latest WireGuard, and the experimental SoftEther. All in all, it’s a reliable VPN service that only lacks powerful obfuscation. However, understanding what a VPN is without gleaning into how to use it is superficial. Many users avoid this tech as they delude themselves into thinking it requires highly technical knowledge.
But let us correct this presumption by stating a VPN service is like any other digital product. Hence, we will showcase Hide.me VPN in action. Although, we would like to remind our readers that this service is highly versatile, and it can run on most devices. However, we will only include a limited number of examples in today’s article. To clarify, we will showcase the instructions for the platforms the service has developed exclusive VPN clients for.
Steps to use Hide.me VPN on Windows
The first platform is the crucial PC operating system; almost every VPN has an exclusive client for Windows. Although, users have to remember that older versions of the Windows won’t work with Hide.me. The client only works with Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. Any older and you’d have problems. Thus, without ado, let us quickly look at the detailed steps described below to understand how to use the VPN service.
- First, go to the Hide.me website and download the Windows app.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Now the Windows installation wizard will run. If you are prompted, click on yes.
- Once you have selected the location for the installation, click on the Finish button.
- Now, go to the desktop and double-click on the Hide.me app icon to run it.
- The VPN app will generate the login page. Use your VPN credentials to log in.
- Those without a username or password can visit the official website to subscribe to a VPN plan.
- If you are using the free version, you can simply register an account using an active email.
- After logging in, you can either change the VPN server or use the auto connect feature.
- Click on Connect and initiate the VPN connection.
Instructions to utilize Hide.me VPN on macOS
Next, we have the popular Macintosh devices that run on macOS. Although a VPN client is available for Mac devices, users are often limited in employing protocols. For more freedom, we recommend visiting the official help page of Hide.me VPN to learn about manual setup. However, for an easy solution, the native app is more suitable. All you need to do is follow the steps shown here:
- First, go to the official website and download the macOS client.
- Now drag the downloaded file to the Application folder.
- If prompted for authentication, enter your Mac device credentials.
- Now run the app. It will take you to the login page.
- Then enter your VPN credentials or visit the website to buy a subscription.
- After that, you can change your target VPN server and click on Connect to run the service.
Guide for using the Hide.me iOS application
Likewise, for iOS, there are multiple versions available but need manual installation. Hence, we recommend the exclusive iOS Hide.me VPN app. Also, users have to keep in mind that they can access the app from both the official webpage and the App Store. However, for convenience’s sake, we have streamlined the guide according to the App Store. Users can simply follow it and use Hide.me on any iOS device.
- First, go to the App Store and download the Hide.me VPN app.
- Then launch it by touching the app icon.
- After that, enter the VPN credentials on the login page.
- If you do not have the credentials, visit the official website and purchase a subscription.
- Lastly, change the VPN server accordingly and touch the Power on icon to initiate the VPN connection.
How to run Hide.me on Android?
Lastly, we have Android, the most popular mobile operating system. As a result, many fakes or fraudulent sources claim to offer Hide.me APKs. We urge users to avoid such places as they are potential traps. If you want to use Hide.me on an Android device, the safest approach is to get your hands on the official app. You can do so by visiting the official website or Google Play Store. However, we have only included the steps that feature Play Store. Hence, users can follow them to enjoy Hide.me on any Android device.
- Go to Google Play Store and download the Hide.me app.
- Then click the app icon and run the app.
- Now enter the VPN credentials on the login page.
- Those without a username or password can purchase the VPN subscription from the official website.
- Change the VPN server and initiate the connection. If prompted for authentication, click on OK.