Decided to remove Hide.me VPN from your device or devices? We know that the reasons to uninstall VPN are many. We also suspect the decision not to use Hide.me VPN was hard. Luckily, we can help you part ways Malaysian-based VPN provider but hope you understand the risks of not having a VPN. Therefore, we presume you have an alternative in mind, and our lists of the best VPN services can assist you. Also note that Hide.me for easy removal, so you won’t find many (if any) remnants of the VPN provider in your registry. With your mind at ease, we will now dig into how to uninstall the Hide.me VPN software.
1. Remove Hide.me VPN on Windows
Unsurprisingly, we begin with the removal of the Hide.me software on Windows computers since that’s where most desktop or laptop users are. Luckily, the procedure is straightforward and identical to other software on the platform. Plus, the VPN provider has an uninstaller executable in the installation folder you can run. Both ensure you part ways forever without leftover files. Therefore, you can follow these steps to uninstall the Windows software from Hide.me:
- Do one of the following:
- Press the Windows key in the bottom left corner. Search for “uninstall” and select Add or remove programs.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the task list. Choose Control Panel → Programs and Features or Apps and Features.
- You will now see the list of installed software, so find “Hide.me VPN” on the list.
- Click the application, then the Uninstall button.
- Select the Uninstall option to confirm the removal.
Note. You may have to kill Hide.me VPN in the Windows Task Manager. Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons or right-click the Windows Taskbar. Go to Details, right-click on “hide.me.exe” file and go to End process tree.
Manual removal of the Hide.me VPN software
Another method of deleting the application is to use the aforementioned executable bundled with the software. Follow these instructions to delete Hide.me on Windows manually:
- Open Windows Explorer (press E and the Windows key) or another file explorer software.
- Click the address bar at the top and go to the place you installed the software. By default, that is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hide.me VPN\.
- Double-click the
- Confirm that you want to remove the software and wait for the “Uninstalling hide.me VPN…”.
- Once it finishes, restart your computer.
Although we said the VPN service isn’t known to leave many traces, especially if you use the two methods above, it doesn’t hurt to check as an advanced user. Search for “regedit” in the Start menu and use Ctrl + F to search for the name. Delete any related keys or values.
2. Uninstall the Hide.me application on Android
Mobile device users with Android are growing yearly, and the provider capitalized on that with a dedicated application. Again, the procedure is no different from other APK files or Google Play Store applications. Therefore, uninstalling the hide.me VPN Android app works like this:
- Find the Hide.me VPN application on your home screen.
- Tap and keep pressing until you see a window pop up.
- Select Uninstall, then OK or Confirm to remove the Hide.me VPN Android app.
You can also open Google Play Store, find “hide.me VPN” by searching, then tap the Uninstall button in the top corner. Confirm the uninstallation prompt by pressing the OK button.
3. Delete the Hide.me VPN software on Mac
Mac users also benefit from the dedicated software. However, once they decide to stop using it, the removal procedure must take place. Again, the provider has optimized the process so that all drivers are removed in the process. Deleting the Hide.me VPN app v4 for Mac works as follows:
- Find the VPN software icon on the desktop or in the launchpad.
- Drag it to the Trash. You may also select it, then click File → Move to Trash in the top Finder menu.
- You’ll get a prompt stating Finder wants to move “hide.me to the Bin.
- Enter your macOS user account username and password and press OK to confirm.
- On the prompt to delete system extensions, select Continue. Removal of the VPN software will be finished, so feel free to skip any further steps.
Removal of Hide.me VPN via macOS .dmg or .pkg file
Hide.me VPN 3.0 applications for Mac are characterized by the .dmg file you use to install them. The package also contains an uninstallation functionality, so you can run it if you still have it. Otherwise, download the Hide.me VPN pkg uninstaller. Start uninstalling the Hide.me software via a pkg file on Mac by:
- Selecting the Continue button in the “Introduction” screen.
- Choose the destination for the Hide.me VPN depending on where you installed it. The package should detect the location automatically, however.
- Ignore the wrong words — Installation Type, Change Install Location…, and the Install button. Apps do not have permission to edit the default installation package, so that’s a typo. Select Install.
- Enter the administrative account username and password for your macOS computer. Select Install Software to confirm the removal.
- Once you get the message “The installation was successful”, the Hide.me VPN was actually removed from your Mac machine.
- Restart your macOS computer and the software won’t be there after the reboot.
4. Uninstall Hide.me’s iOS application
Hide.me also has a VPN client for iOS, Apple’s mobile device operating system. Like on Android, you must find the Hide.me VPN application on the home screen. Tap and hold it until an X appears in the upper corner. Tap the X in the corner and when the Delete “Hide.me VPN”? prompt appears, select the Delete button in the bottom right corner.
Manually removing the VPN configuration
Installing the application automatically creates a VPN configuration. However, you can also configure one yourself. If you have a manual setup for Hide.me VPN, do this to delete it:
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Go to VPN.
- Press the “i” icon next to the Hide.me VPN name on the list.
- You will now see all VPN settings. Tap Delete VPN at the bottom.
- When asked, select Delete. The VPN will now be removed from your iOS device.