VPNs are the game changer in the online privacy and security scenario. However, there comes a time when the user has to uninstall one. Now there might be different reasons behind this decision, such as faulty software, sub-par product, or even changing laws. But, it only underlines the necessity of knowing how to uninstall a VPN. It is also a common fact that while installing a program is simple, many get stuck in the uninstallation process. Hence, the article on how to uninstall StrongVPN. It will guide users through the different uninstallation methods available to them across multiple platforms.
Read our StrongVPN review to know more about the tool.
Uninstall StrongVPN on Windows:
Windows is, by far, one of the most used and versatile platforms in the world. It easily has billions of users across different sectors, commercial or otherwise. As such, many of these users are either already familiar with VPNs or machinating to get one. No matter what, it is prudent that these users know how to uninstall a VPN if needed. Especially so, in light of recent events, as the globe has become less tolerant of VPNs, as a whole, and deemed them a menace to public safety.
For now, let us leave the whole VPN necessity debate behind and focus on the actual uninstallation process. Those familiar with the Windows OS will know it to be more accepting of developers. Hence, it offers multiple methods to get rid of a program from a system permanently.
There are tons of apps on the internet that can effectively remove a VPN from your system. As such, we will only focus on two distinct uninstallation methods. The first one will utilize one such app that can automatically delete a VPN, while the other one will rely on the native solution offered by the Windows OS.
As mentioned above, Windows sports enough applications, both paid and free, that can automatically delete/uninstall software from the device. However, we have to urge the users to first ensure that the VPN in question is not running in the background and has ceased all operations. It is to prevent any issues from cropping up during the uninstallation process.
Note – Today we are going to use the Windows Revo Uninstaller for this demonstration. However, users are completely free to choose and use any such program.
- First, disconnect the VPN and close it.
- Now make sure no background process is going on. Use the system tray to right-click on the VPN icon and Quit it.
- After that, launch the Task Manager.
- Then go to the Running tab. If you see StrongVPN use the End button to terminate the program. Otherwise, proceed with the uninstallation.
Since, the VPN has now ceased functioning, we can start the uninstallation:
- Boot up the Revo uninstaller.
- Assuming the user has already installed the software and optimized it for use.
- Then, wait for the Auto-Scan to finish.
- The app will now list all other available programs on the device.
- So, quickly look up StrongVPN and click on the Run Analysis button at the side to begin the scanning of the VPN.
- Doing so will list all associated files and folders on the screen.
- Thus, click on the Start Uninstall button and wait for the process to be over.
- And lastly, if by chance, any relevant file is still left on the screen, use the Force Uninstall feature of the app to delete it.
The manual installation demonstrated here is only viable for Windows 10 or up. Being a reigning platform, Windows allows users to uninstall any program using its system settings. How? Let’s find out.
- Launch the Windows Start menu and go to Settings.
- Then click on Apps.
- After that, locate StrongVPN from the list and click it.
- Now, select Uninstall and wait for the Windows Installation Wizard to load.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click on Next to uninstall the VPN.
- Lastly, restart your PC.
Uninstall StrongVPN on macOS:
Although macOS is infamous for being rigid, it too offers enough options when it comes to uninstalling an app. Some might even say more than Windows. It is due to the unique macOS architecture. While Windows too have started a central command structure with the latest Windows 11 version, it’s true that macOS has been in the game far too long.
Automatically uninstall StrongVPN
Like with Windows, macOS also has different apps for software removal. As such the user only has to ensure that the program in question has ceased function, and the rest would be taken care by the uninstaller.
Note – We are using the Omni Remover software in this process. The user is free to choose any working alternative.
- First, launch the Force Quit utility on a MacBook.
- Then go to the Running tab and try to locate StrongVPN.
- If found click on it and select Force Quit.
- Next, launch the Activity Monitor to ensure nothing is going in the background.
Now, you can uninstall StrongVPN. To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch the uninstaller, in this case Omni Remover.
- Now look at the side of the software and click on App Uninstall.
- Then, choose StrongVPN from the list.
- After that, click on Scan. It will list all the associated files and folders.
- Finally, click on Clean to uninstall StrongVPN.
Manually uninstall StrongVPN
Users also have options when using the native uninstallation process.
Method 1. Drag and Drop
The first method involves dragging the app icon and dropping it in the Trash Bin. Like the name suggests, the user simply drags the app icon and drops it in the Bin to delete it. This method is suitable for app from either source, the App store or the internet.
Method 2. Using the App Store
The Apple App Store is a giant library that offers users a selection of apps to download. It can also be used to uninstall apps. But the Store has to list those apps. And it can do so only when the app is listed on the store. Say, StrongVPN, for example, was downloaded from the App Store, then you can always uninstall it there.
StrongVPN uninstallation on an Android device
Uninstallation on smartphones are much easier as there are almost no residual files to take care of. If you are using StrongVPN on an Android device and wants to delete it, all you have to do is to go to settings, tap on Apps, choose StrongVPN and tap Uninstall. It can be done via the Google Play Store library and also by long pressing the app icon on the home screen.
Uninstallation process for StrongVPN on iOS
At last, we are now going to look at the uninstallation process for iOS devices. As mentioned earlier, such smartphone uninstallations are pretty straightforward. Especially when it comes to iOS, as all the user has to do is tap and hold the app icon till it floats, and then click on the X in the top corner.