ExpressVPN usually either tops our list of the best VPNs or finishes in the runner-up position. Despite that fact, some people have complaints and want to cancel their subscriptions. While a bit confusing, we understand their decision. It’s typically price-related, hence why customers rather opt for cheaper options such as CyberGhost VPN. Luckily, so does ExpressVPN, which is why they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee and a free trial on mobile devices, no questions asked. With that said, let’s demonstrate how to cancel ExpressVPN.
1. Cancel ExpressVPN immediately
If you need to cancel your ExpressVPN subscription immediately, you’ll have to get in touch with the provider. There are 2 ways to contact ExpressVPN Customer Service:
Visit the ExpressVPN Support page and then do this:
- Select Contact Support or click on Need help? Chat with us! in the bottom right corner.
- A chat window will pop up. Say that you want to cancel your subscription, and their representative will assist you.
Another option includes sending an e-mail. For security reasons, you must do it from the account panel. So, sign in with the ExpressVPN account, then proceed like this:
- In the bottom right part of the Dashboard, click on Need help? Contact us.
- A form will open up. Enter your e-mail address (the one used to create the account).
- Under How can we help you today?, simply enter “I would like to cancel my subscription”.
- Tip. There’s no need to enter the operating system or app version.
- Click on the Send button.
- Wait for their response to your e-mail address. This will take 5 to 15 minutes on average.
2. Cancel ExpressVPN before the next billing period
If you signed up for a month and need a painless way of breaking things off, cancel your subscription renewal. You most likely still have to reach out to Customer Support to refund ExpressVPN, especially if you signed up for a long-term plan. With that said, follow these steps to cancel ExpressVPN subscription:
- Log in with your ExpressVPN account.
- In the Dashboard, under Subscription, select the Manage Subscription settings option.
- Click on the Turn off automatic renewal button in the bottom right corner.
- Confirm your decision, then click on the I have an issue and don’t want to keep using ExpressVPN.
- Click on the Stop button, then the Stop my service on the expiration date button.
- Tip. To verify things applied correctly, the button under Subscription now states Turn On Automatic Renewal.
Bought ExpressVPN via the Apple App Store? Know this
Due to Apple policies, if you bought an ExpressVPN subscription for iOS or Mac from the App Store, you can cancel it using the steps above. However, you must request a money refund from Apple, not ExpressVPN.
Used PayPal’s IPN, Paymentwall, or BitPay to pay?
You also need to sign in to the PayPal account and cancel IPN on top of the steps above. For BitPay and Paymentwall, your subscription automatically ends on the scheduled date, e.g. there’s no money refund.