Decided to use a VPN, and our Express VPN review or the #1 spot on our list of fast VPN services caught your eye? It’s no wonder – it’s among the most reputable VPN services in the industry. And for a good reason, since the provider offers an up-to-date set of security features and a no-risk 30-day money-back guarantee. And, although it’s costlier than other VPN providers, you can cancel your ExpressVPN subscription anytime. That’s unlikely to happen, mind you. We suspect you’ll become a devoted user after seeing how to create an ExpressVPN account. Let’s get into it.
1. Create an ExpressVPN paid account
Here’s how creating an ExpressVPN account works:
- Head on over to ExpressVPN’s Order page.
- Select a plan that fits your needs best – 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year.
- Tip. The longer the commitment, the more money you’ll save.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Tip. We recommend creating a new e-mail address and only use it for ExpressVPN. Don’t use a temporary one, since it’ll be hard to access Dashboard or change email or password down the road.
- Select a method of payment. You can use credit cards, PayPal, cryptocurrency (Bitcoin), or other payment services.
- Clarification. You cannot pay for ExpressVPN gift cards, a method mentioned in our Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN review.
- If you chose a credit card, click on Join Now. For other methods, click on Continue to [service name]. You’ll be redirected to the website after you verify the transaction.
- Now, you can choose the Continue with this password button to use a password ExpressVPN generated for you or the Create my own password button.
- Regardless of what you chose, you’ll be taken to a Download and Install ExpressVPN window.
- Copy the string of characters and numbers displayed on-screen below Activation Code.
- Install the ExpressVPN app for your operating system.
- Enter/paste the Activation Code to start using ExpressVPN.
2. Make an ExpressVPN free trial account
We already went over the entire ExpressVPN setup on Android, and the situation is nearly identical on iOS. What we didn’t mention is that you can sign up for a 7-day mobile VPN free trial too. This method doesn’t require you to give out your payment information or be charged. Also, you can use a temporary mail address. That’s because the trial is bound to your device via its MAC address, so you can’t sign up again. However, you’ll experience a bandwidth cap, and might be limited in your choice of VPN servers. If that’s fine with you, you can sign up for an ExpressVPN trial account like this:
- Download, install and run the ExpressVPN app for Android or iOS.
- Instead of Sign In, tap on Start Free Trial.
- Enter an e-mail address and click on Start Free Trial again.
- When prompted, tap on Continue to begin using ExpressVPN.