Decided to use a VPN, and our Express VPN review or the #1 spot on our list of fast VPN services caught your eye? It’s no wonder – it’s among the most reputable VPN services in the industry. And for a good reason, since the provider offers an up-to-date set of security features and a no-risk 30-day money-back guarantee. And, although it’s costlier than other VPN providers, you can cancel your ExpressVPN subscription anytime. That’s unlikely to happen, mind you. We suspect you’ll become a devoted user after seeing how to create an ExpressVPN account. Let’s get into it.
What is ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN, as the name suggests, is a VPN provider that has been on the market since 2009 and was launched by Peter Burchhardt and Dan Pomerantz. The VPN comes from the British Virgin Islands, well known for its privacy-friendly laws. Over the years, the VPN has remained one of the top choices for VPN users and has grown into a trusted name with approximately 3000 servers spread across 94 countries.
The VPN, being a top choice, comes with several advanced features and services, such as a proprietary VPN protocol, namely Lightway, AES encryption, custom VPN routers, multi-platform support, split tunneling, PrivateDNS, and a no-logs policy. The service provider also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and charges $6.67 for the annual plan.
Why should you use ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN is a great service provider, as you can use it for the following reasons:
The VPN service allows you to remain safe online. It hides your real IP address by allowing you to access the internet via a remote VPN server. Hence, anyone monitoring your traffic will only be able to find the altered IP address. ExpressVPN is helpful to those who are engaged in sensitive tasks.
The provider also ensures your data security as it encrypts your web traffic using state-of-the-art encryption technology. Every data packet coming or going from your browser is encapsulated and encrypted, preventing unwanted elements from prying.
Bypassing regional restrictions
Since the VPN allows you to alter your IP address, which is essentially your virtual location, you can use it to access restricted content available in different regions. As you change your IP, the website in question will associate your fake IP with the fake virtual location, allowing you to access resources restricted by geographical barriers.
ExpressVPN also features obfuscation technology, which allows users to bypass censorship. Although some censorship is in the national interest, the internet was meant to be free. Thus, you can use the VPN to avoid any digital censorship.
Streaming, torrenting, and gaming
And finally, you can access entertainment with the aid of ExpressVPN. You can view your favorite TV/movie shows from anywhere in the world. Similarly, you can use P2P file sharing without any worries. And you can access games that are yet unavailable in your region.
Steps to Create an ExpressVPN paid Account
Here’s how creating an ExpressVPN account works:
- Head on over to ExpressVPN’s Order page.
- Select a plan that fits your needs best – 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year.
Tip. The longer the commitment, the more money you’ll save.
- Enter your e-mail address.
Tip. We recommend creating a new e-mail address and only use it for ExpressVPN. Don’t use a temporary one, since it’ll be hard to access Dashboard or change email or password down the road.
- Select a method of payment. You can use credit cards, PayPal, cryptocurrency (Bitcoin), or other payment services.
Clarification. You cannot pay for ExpressVPN gift cards, a method mentioned in our Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN review.
- If you chose a credit card, click on Join Now. For other methods, click on Continue to [service name]. You’ll be redirected to the website after you verify the transaction.
- Now, you can choose the Continue with this password button to use a password ExpressVPN generated for you or the Create my own password button.
- Regardless of what you chose, you’ll be taken to a Download and Install ExpressVPN window.
- Copy the string of characters and numbers displayed on-screen below Activation Code.
- Install the ExpressVPN app for your operating system.
- Enter/paste the Activation Code to start using ExpressVPN.
How to Make an ExpressVPN free trial account
We already went over the entire ExpressVPN setup on Android, and the situation is nearly identical on iOS. What we didn’t mention is that you can sign up for a 7-day mobile VPN free trial too. This method doesn’t require you to give out your payment information or be charged.
Also, you can use a temporary mail address. That’s because the trial is bound to your device via its MAC address, so you can’t sign up again. However, you’ll experience a bandwidth cap, and might be limited in your choice of VPN servers. If that’s fine with you, you can sign up for an ExpressVPN trial account like this:
- Download, install and run the ExpressVPN app for Android or iOS.
- Instead of Sign In, tap on Start Free Trial.
- Enter an e-mail address and click on Start Free Trial again.
- When prompted, tap on Continue to begin using ExpressVPN.
If, at some point, you decide that you no longer need it, you can just delete the ExpressVPN account you created.