You’re thinking of adding Hola VPN in Chrome? Great choice. Many have praised the extension for being transparent and cross-platform. It works on plenty of browsers, devices, and platforms. That includes main ones such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and even PlayStation, Xbox, and routers. With that, your entire network of devices is protected and your browsing habits and identity remain hidden. And best of all – it’s absolutely free! What more could you want?
To add and use Hola VPN in Chrome
How does Hola VPN remain free?
It’s an extension that relies on community efforts. Basically, users contribute their own IP address to be used as a VPN, and in return, they get access to someone else’s IP address for a time. That gives you a chance to unblock Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and bypass website restrictions set by your ISP. But, it’s far from the security and power premium VPN providers offer.
How to install Hola VPN extension for Chrome
- Head on over to Hola for Chrome.
- Click on Add to Chrome in the top right corner.
- When prompted, click on Add extension.
- That’s it! You don’t need to register an account to use it.
Steps to use Hola VPN Chrome extension
- Find the Hola VPN icon in the top right corner and click on it.If you have too many extensions, click on the puzzle piece. Then, from the drop-down list of extensions, choose Hola VPN.
- If you don’t want to connect to the currently selected country, click on the filled triangle (▼) next to the flag.
- Choose a country from the drop-down list.
- Either click on the flag of the country, or on Unblock in the top left corner.
Do I need to buy Hola VPN Premium extension?
If all you need is to unblock a certain website or access country-specific content, you’re fine with the free VPN service. But, if you want maximum VPN speeds, access to dedicated servers, encryption, and much better security, you might consider it. It’s certainly cheaper buying a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, although significantly inferior.