Looking for a way to delete VPN configuration from your iPhone? That’s not surprising, especially if it was a free VPN, and you realized they could be using your iPhone as an exit node, or selling your data to recoup the cost of service. Plus, with the number of VPN providers on the market, and the ability to also setup a VPN on Windows and Mac under the same subscription, we’re hoping you’ll use this knowledge to simply change a VPN for a better one. Since we already taught you how to setup VPN on iPhone, let’s do the opposite – here’s how to remove VPN from iPhone.
A step-by-step guide to erase VPN from iPhone
1. Manually remove VPN from iPhone
- Tap on Settings on your iPhone. Now, there are two ways.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the screen, and type ‘VPN’, then choose the General – VPN option.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on the VPN option.
- Look for the list of VPNs either under VPN configurations/Personal VPN, depending on the VPN you want to delete.
- Tap the i icon to the right of the name of the VPN you want to delete.
- After a redirect to a new screen, tap on Delete VPN at the bottom.
- When prompted, tap on Delete.
2. Delete the VPN app itself
- Find the application you’re using to hide your IP address in the app drawer.
This could be NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, Surfshark, etc.
- Tap and hold.
- Don’t release hold when the first drop-down menu appears.
- After the menu disappears, all of the icons will begin shaking.
- Tap on the X in the left corner of the VPN app.
- In the pop-up window, tap on Delete.
- Tap on the App Store icon.
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down until you find the app on the list.
It will most likely be under Recently updated.
- Tap and swipe left, and you’ll see a Delete option appear.
- Tap on the option, then tap on Delete in the pop-up window to confirm.
And there you have it, this is the process of removing VPN from iPhone in its entirety. This is useful if you love tinkering with VPN configurations manually but can get tiring quickly. Our recommendation after buying a VPN is to use their dedicated app.